Saturday, January 21, 2012

I wished for winter, and we got it...

Sorry, Northeast, if this is my fault at all. But I have to say that even though I have spent way more time on my trainer, and watched way more TV than is healthy, I am loving it. This morning we got our first snowfall since I've moved here (and that I've been in town for, I would imagine it's snowed a bit during the weeks).

I took a few pictures, it is really pretty. This is from this morning in one of the nicest parks in town. I used Instagram, my favorite new thing on the internet, to pretty it up.

I also like the effects on this one. Kind of brightened up even though it was cloudy.


Then this is from a walk I took this afternoon after a torturous four hour trainer ride with some intense quality. It was about all my legs were capable of. I love walking though, it is my favorite way to explore my new home.


Last weekend it was very, very cold, without the benefits of snow. So my friend Laura who was in town and I went to the Guggenheim for a really cool exhibit by a famous sculptor (we'd never heard of him but we are not really 'art' people). The exhibit was awesome, the artist had arranged all the sculptures and hung them from the ceiling in the big atrium. Here is a snap from the show.
The exhibit was pretty interesting and thought-provoking. And the Guggenheim is always fun.

Tomorrow I am heading into the city for a 17 mile run. Luckily I do not have any evil speed workout stuff to do, but it should be fun. I can't wait to see Central Park all covered in snow. I may take my phone and take a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment